Welcome at our
Nature and tranquility just a duck slide away from the centre of Rotterdam
At the end of August 2020 we – Bas and Reinout – became the lucky owners of the Island Cabin. The previous owners, Paulien van Noort and Arno Schuurs – designed and build the cabin themselves in 2018. They’ve rented it out for two years via GetAway Deluxe and obviously also enjoyed some weekends themselves here, at this lovely spot.
We intend to do it the other way around. We live at Witte de Withstraat, one of the liveliest streets in the centre of Rotterdam. Just 15 minutes away by bike, the Island Cabin makes the perfect retreat for us.
Of course we want to share this lovely place with others. That’s why we rent it out. So you can enjoy the beauty and peace of the Bergse Achterplas, whilst still having cafes, theaters and museums at hand. That is, if you feel like leaving the island.
Our lovely cabin
You will arrive by pedal boat to find a stylish wooden cabin with all amenities.
On 46 m² you will find a large kitchen, dining bar and a long area with home cinema. The cabin has underfloor heating and a wood burner. There are two double-beds, both with access to the bathroom and outside deck.
On the 100 m² deck you will find sun and shade all day long. Start your day at the picnic table, have coffee on the lounge sofa or in the hammock.
Go for a swim or take the electric boat for a tour around the lakes. And finish your day on the long bench, with a crispy fire, maybe even a BBQ or homemade pizza. Or light the fire inside and sip a drink.
The water, the city and the old village
The Bergse Achterplas resulted from the excavation of peat at the northern rim of Rotterdam.
If you go to shore and go left you will reach the old village Hilligersberg with cafe’s, shops, a supermarket and bakery and the old church. Although part of Rotterdam it treasures its village atmosphere.
If you go right at the Straatweg you’ll get to Rotterdam North, with its shops on the Zwarte Janstraat, cafes on Noordplein, or walk past the historic canals.
Within 15 minutes you’ll be in the middle of the city, with esteemed museums, the river Maas and our own street, Witte de With.
Or go for a swim at the lakes or take the boat via an old lock to the Rotte (name giver of the city).
Book now for any stay before March 31 with a 20% discount on the nightly rate
Book a midweek now and stay 4 nights (Monday-Friday), but pay only 3 nights. Valid until April 1st, excluding Dutch school holidays.
Tariffs high season
1 April - 30 September, and all Dutch school holidays
- Minimum 3 nights
- Optioneel 2 extra gasten €15/p.p.p.n.
- Optional electric boat €60/day
- Excl. cleaningfee €67,50/stay
- Excl. tourist tax €12/night
Tariffs low season
1 Oktober - 31 March, excl. Dutch school holidays
- Minimuml 3 nights
- Optional 2 extra guests €15/p.p.p.n.
- Optional electric boat €60/day
- Excl. cleaning fee €67,50/stay
- Excl. tourist tax €12/night
Enjoy a tour over Bergse Achter- and Voorplas or the river Rotte with our electric boat.
For rent for €60/day, incl. usage on the day or arrival and departure.
The Island Cabin has room for 4 people. So take your friends along to enjoy our hide away.
An extra guest costs €15 per night for the linen and all extra coffees.
Bas de Vreeze & Reinout Wissenburg
+31 6 4756 4433
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Before you start enjoying a wonderful time at the Island Cabin, we kindly want to draw your attention to the following points:
- You declare that you will personally use the Island Cabin. You also declare that you will use the cabin and its surroundings a decent and correct manner. You will not cause nuisance to you surroundings. In case you cause damage to the cabin or its surroundings, or in case of traces of improper use, you can be held liable for the costs.
- The cabin is let with furniture and equipped with sufficient kitchen equipment, crockery, pillows and duvets for the full company. All equipment is functioning on arrival, unless stated otherwise. If this is not the case you need to inform us immediately. We will then look for an acceptable resolution as soon as possible. You are also obliged to inform us about any initial damages to the cabin or the surroundings within 24 hours after your arrival.
- We lost certainly hope you will have a carefree stay. However, for case that something happens, it is important you have sufficient insurance cover for liabilities concerned with letting the cabin (fire and water damage). Otherwise you could be held personally liable for the costs of the damage including interest. Ofcourse we have our own insurances. You need to inform us immediately about any damage to the cabin or the surroundings.
- Furthermore, it is important to note that you can never refuse us access to the cabin or the surroundings when requested.
- Smoking is prohibited in the cabin and it is preferred you refrain from smoking around the cabin. Drugs and the use of laughing gas (nitrous oxide) is prohibited. Also parties ad events, and the hosting of groups of (day)guests are not allowed.
- The electric boat can be rented for a fee. You are responsible for charging the battery. At the end of your stay the battery needs to be fully charged.
- After your booking has been confirmed, we ask you to transfer 50% of the travel sum within two weeks. The other 50% must be received by us no later than one week before the start of your stay. For bookings that start within a week, we ask you to pay 100% of the travel sum instantly.
- You can cancel your booking free of charge within 24 hours after we have confirmed your booking.
- In case you cancel your booking up to 8 weeks before the start of your stay, you are changed 20% of the full booking fee.
- In case you cancel your booking between 8 and 1 week(s) before the start of your stay, you are changed 50% of the full booking fee.
- In case you cancel your booking in the 7 days before the start of your stay, you are changed 100% of the full booking fee. This also applied at a no show, or when you terminate your stay early.
- In case we have to cancel your booking, for instance because whether does not permit your stay, you are entitled to a full refund.
Check-in and check-out
- The check-in time is 16.00 hours (4 PM). You will do the check-in yourself. Instructions for the pedal boat and how to get the keys will be sent to you be e-mail before the start of your stay.
- The check-out time is 12.00 hour (12 AM). You will do the check-out yourself, by which you ensure the cabin is locked, the keys are stored in the key box with the code illegible and the pedal boat securely located at the designated pole near-shore.
We process your personal data as soon as you send in a booking request. You give your consent for this by ticking the box before finalising your booking. We will do all we can to protect your privacy and treat your personal data with care.
We process personal data for the booking administration and the financial administration. It concerns your first and last name, e-mail address, address and phone number.
In case you want to view your personal data with us or have them removed after your stay or after a cancellation, you can direct a request for this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also other changes can be shared with us via this email address.
In order to make a booking you need to share personal data with us. We process this data in our booking administration in order to track who is staying with us when and to communicate with you about your booking.
In order to track payments and financial obligations and to comply with tax regulation we have a financial administration.
Access and security
Our booking administration is hosted online in a booking programme. It is protected with a user name and password. The financial administration runs on our computers that are protected with a user name and password. E-mails exchanged with you can also be found on our laptops. A regular back-up is stored on a local external harddrive that is also password protected.
When your stay with us is over and you have complied to all financial obligations you can request the removal of your personal data from our records. We will remove your personal data within 6 weeks after a righteous request, as long as this does not hamper obligations from tax authorities such as around data storage and financial administration.
Duty to report
If there is a data breach or loss that has a reasonable chance of negatively affecting the protection of personal data, we are obliged to report this breach or loss to the authorities (‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’). In case negative consequences can be expected for you, we also need to inform you about the data breach or loss. If the data are adequately protected so that the data cannot be retrieved, the breach or loss does not have to be shared with you.
Data sharing to third parties
We process your personal data ourselves and do not share this with third parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected, or unless legally allowed and requested. For example, when a police inquiry request (personal) data from us.